Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the statement made by BlackBerry Executive in India true?
Oh I think I love to eat some Buffalo...wings! LOL

Veeru, I always remember the day we, UTBers, were all gathered on their old channel at the same time and ganged up on them, commenting of course. And some ended up being blocked/banned and other's comments were deleted. LOL

Anyway, BlackBerry was quick to respond to that apparent statement of Damian Tay. An employee can have an opinion but then again the higher ups from Waterloo has the last say. Just saying.. :-)
(02-02-2016, 08:13 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Oh I think I love to eat some Buffalo...wings! LOL

Veeru, I always remember the day we, UTBers, were all gathered on their old channel at the same time and ganged up on them, commenting of course. And some ended up being blocked/banned and other's comments were deleted. LOL

Anyway, BlackBerry was quick to respond to that apparent statement of Damian Tay. An employee can have an opinion but then again the higher ups from Waterloo has the last say. Just saying.. :-)
Where is the BlackBerry response to Damian Tray? Could you post a link HYMAN?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
(02-02-2016, 09:54 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Where is the BlackBerry response to Damian Tray? Could you post a link HYMAN?

Here's the link.. enjoy Sipo! :-)

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/cele...agementBBM
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • SipoKapumba
I think someone made a boo boo in public and has been straightened out in private.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 2 users Like Canuckvoip's post:
  • HYMAN, Schmurf.
Ok...heres the BlackBerry India head interview. reiterating BBRY's commitment to BB10. ofcourse BBRY already made a blogpost saying the same. so either Tay was misquoted or he was drunk when he made those statements.

http://m.thehindubusinessline.com/info-t...184671.ece
(03-02-2016, 01:14 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: I think someone made a boo boo in public and has been straightened out in private.

Oh Damien... #facepalm LOL
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to rumors. To me, paid bloggers, haters and misinformed people have been claiming the doom of BB10 since the beginning (3+ yrs ago now). I make it a habit of always looking at worse case scenarios. What that does for me is that it takes fear out of the equation.

In my mind, there is ALWAYS going to be governments, Corps. and research firms that HAVE to have their information safeguarded. So even IF (which I doubt) Blackberry decided to close up stock and became private...they would still sell devices, BES to these entities and as an added bonus I would still be able to purchase devices directly. I don't think we will ever see CIA personnel carrying cRapples sending info on the go, or a Google device for that matter. Information is king, can be weaponized in the wrong hands so therefore security will ALWAYS serve a need no matter how small of a segment of the population requires it. So, personally when I buy / bought BB10 devices, I did so without any kind of fear or sky is falling thoughts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fishlove73's post:
  • Fayzul
Unfortunately, the US govt doesnt seem to think so. They have started letting android devices come in.
(07-02-2016, 04:56 AM)fishlove73 Wrote: I don't pay a whole lot of attention to rumors. To me, paid bloggers, haters and misinformed people have been claiming the doom of BB10 since the beginning (3+ yrs ago now). I make it a habit of always looking at worse case scenarios. What that does for me is that it takes fear out of the equation.

In my mind, there is ALWAYS going to be governments, Corps. and research firms that HAVE to have their information safeguarded. So even IF (which I doubt) Blackberry decided to close up stock and became private...they would still sell devices, BES to these entities and as an added bonus I would still be able to purchase devices directly. I don't think we will ever see CIA personnel carrying cRapples sending info on the go, or a Google device for that matter. Information is king, can be weaponized in the wrong hands so therefore security will ALWAYS serve a need no matter how small of a segment of the population requires it. So, personally when I buy / bought BB10 devices, I did so without any kind of fear or sky is falling thoughts.
I agree that in a worst case scenario, BlackBerry would become a manufacturer of phones and other mobile devices for a niche market and sell them at higher margins. It would become the Porsche of mobile devices. Those who care for their security and privacy would have to fork out close to $1,000 for these envisioned exclusive, secure devices, but not necessarily Porsche design BlackBerries.

Sure hope not. That kind of price would kill it for the average consumer.

(07-02-2016, 03:25 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: I agree that in a worst case scenario, BlackBerry would become a manufacturer of phones and other mobile devices for a niche market and sell them at higher margins. It would become the Porsche of mobile devices. Those who care for their security and privacy would have to fork out close to $1,000 for these envisioned exclusive, secure devices, but not necessarily Porsche design BlackBerries.

Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy