Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why I'm liking UTB
(11-04-2014, 04:47 AM)ray689 Wrote: Your ideas are always welcome here James. You make very valid points and they will definitely be taken into consideration. The best way to build a fan site is to listen to the fans. What a novel idea hey?

Thanks Ray. Unsolicited advice/input is usually unwise cause it's rarely appreciated. They're just some ideas for you guys as you go forward. I appreciate you and some of the other guys being supportive when I offer ideas. They're really just an attempt to help out make UTB better in the long run and just because I like the site.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
I was gonna start a new thread, but what I want to say fits here. I visited the other site briefly and checked some of the participated threads and looked at one that has to do with trolls.

The whole experience of opening the app and checking in was actually unpleasant whereas, checking in here is fun. The thread on trolling is so ridiculous. I offered a workaround and then another member did as well, but these were "shot down," by people claiming healthy discussion will be ruined.

I have surmised that the issue is utterly simple; a site is either a fan site or not. If it is, this should be reflected in the rules and management/moderation.

I have begun to realize that the site in question suffers from 1) an overriding interest in short term profit making, and 2) a bias in the forums towards Blackberry, meaning, there are more BB members and there's more discussion and activity in the BB forum. The owner of the site realizes the BB side is happening and that if fans from other platforms aren't allowed to post in the BB side, they will be less engaged with the site and may leave altogether.

The owner is not "dancing with the one who brought him to the dance." Instead, he's pimping out the BB forum and fans for his own profit. He will reap his just rewards.

The reason this all fits on this thread is it makes me want to offer a sincere "Thank You" to the UTB founders for building this site out, and to Mopar for pointing me here.
(16-04-2014, 07:42 AM)james pisano Wrote: I was gonna start a new thread, but what I want to say fits here. I visited the other site briefly and checked some of the participated threads and looked at one that has to do with trolls.

The whole experience of opening the app and checking in was actually unpleasant whereas, checking in here is fun. The thread on trolling is so ridiculous. I offered a workaround and then another member did as well, but these were "shot down," by people claiming healthy discussion will be ruined.

I have surmised that the issue is utterly simple; a site is either a fan site or not. If it is, this should be reflected in the rules and management/moderation.

I have begun to realize that the site in question suffers from 1) an overriding interest in short term profit making, and 2) a bias in the forums towards Blackberry, meaning, there are more BB members and there's more discussion and activity in the BB forum. The owner of the site realizes the BB side is happening and that if fans from other platforms aren't allowed to post in the BB side, they will be less engaged with the site and may leave altogether.

The owner is not "dancing with the one who brought him to the dance." Instead, he's pimping out the BB forum and fans for his own profit. He will reap his just rewards.

The reason this all fits on this thread is it makes me want to offer a sincere "Thank You" to the UTB founders for building this site out, and to Mopar for pointing me here.

You sir, have just well and truly banged the nail.on the head!
Keep on bangin on!
(16-04-2014, 07:42 AM)james pisano Wrote: I was gonna start a new thread, but what I want to say fits here. I visited the other site briefly and checked some of the participated threads and looked at one that has to do with trolls.

Dude...you just nailed it.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
(16-04-2014, 08:49 AM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote:

Dude...you just nailed it.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Hilarious. Thanks.

(16-04-2014, 08:06 AM)Nnik Wrote: Keep on bangin on!

Thanks Nnik.

(16-04-2014, 08:00 AM)Bigglybobblyboo Wrote:

You sir, have just well and truly banged the nail.on the head!

Thanks Biggly!
Woah.... that sounded like it came from the heart...
Great posts James. Glad you're part of UTB buddy :)
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
(16-04-2014, 12:27 PM)Spade Wrote: Woah.... that sounded like it came from the heart...

It did bro.

(16-04-2014, 03:34 PM)undbiter65 Wrote: Great posts James. Glad you're part of UTB buddy :)

Thanks undbiter!
I thought I would add a 4th reason that UTB is so cool: it's the only source of objective information on BB! I mean, we are a fan site, so you would expect us to spin things a little positively aka "glass is half full," but what I'm seeing is we're actually the only site reporting on what is actually happening! The facts! Unbelievable what BB has had to suffer from the media and other so-called "fan" sites.

Anyways- I have actually stopped visiting other tech sites or reading articles from other sources. I've been getting all my BB news right here. I can't see why I would aggravate myself.