Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am...
(13-08-2014, 06:46 AM)Rural Geek Wrote: Warning the following rant to get something off my chest. The cattle get confused when I yell at them and just lean on the fence. So I thought I'd do it. If i PO someone, sorry.

I am mad, upset, PO, and bothered that in this day and age when we can have a computer in our pocket that is more powerful then the one that put a man on the moon. Why in the hell is mental illness carry such a stupid stigma. Me personally I feel mental illness like depression is as bad if not worse than cancer. Cancer have people falling over each other to help. Depression a person many not have the capacity to find help on their own. I'm speaking from personal experience, if it wasn't for my wife and parents being there everyday to help me get my feet under me and support me god knows where I'd be.

Because of where i was and being diagnosed i try to pay it forward to try and kill the stigma and help someone else fight with it.

Thanks for letting unload!
I am in complete agreement!
I am proud of any person who speaks out about this situation. People don't see a physical issue the same way as a cranial issue. I just don't get it. Somehow it's "scary" or... what?
Thank you.
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 4 users Like Canuckvoip's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, newcollector, Rural Geek, TRUENORTH
(13-08-2014, 06:46 AM)Rural Geek Wrote: Warning the following rant to get something off my chest. The cattle get confused when I yell at them and just lean on the fence. So I thought I'd do it. If i PO someone, sorry.

I am mad, upset, PO, and bothered that in this day and age when we can have a computer in our pocket that is more powerful then the one that put a man on the moon. Why in the hell is mental illness carry such a stupid stigma. Me personally I feel mental illness like depression is as bad if not worse than cancer. Cancer have people falling over each other to help. Depression a person many not have the capacity to find help on their own. I'm speaking from personal experience, if it wasn't for my wife and parents being there everyday to help me get my feet under me and support me god knows where I'd be.

Because of where i was and being diagnosed i try to pay it forward to try and kill the stigma and help someone else fight with it.

Thanks for letting unload!

I am at a loss for words, when in the media world and on most network news channels, stories on subjects such as mental illness and depression last only a few days or until the next big story comes along. And then all is forgotten, until it resurrects itself again through another event. No wonder why we have short term memory issues -- we so quickly forget. To make matters worse, other issues seem largely ignored in favor of the latest Kardashian tweet, to which I say, who cares? I am, appalled.
UTB's one and only 'Posting Ninja'
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4edge's post:
  • Rural Geek, TRUENORTH
I am debating on whether to reload 700 b/c my wifi comes and goes more than...... well more than something that comes & goes a lot, I just can't think of anything right now.

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moodyk's post:
  • undbiter65
(16-08-2014, 01:57 PM)Moodyk Wrote: I am debating on whether to reload 700 b/c my wifi comes and goes more than...... well more than something that comes & goes a lot, I just can't think of anything right now.

Lmao Moody.

I am brushing my teeth! :D
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  • Moodyk
CANUKVOIP - people fear that which they do not understand. Few, but the sufferers truly understand depression and hence fearing it they tend to trivialize and minimize it as a form of self protection. Sufferers are never alone, it is just that the average Joe doesn't understand the condition and neither does he know how to help.
BlackBerry. Not just another i-toy.
(16-08-2014, 01:57 PM)Moodyk Wrote: I am debating on whether to reload 700 b/c my wifi comes and goes more than...... well more than something that comes & goes a lot, I just can't think of anything right now.

I am confused. Which is not hard.

(16-08-2014, 11:47 PM)TRUENORTH Wrote: CANUKVOIP - people fear that which they do not understand. Few, but the sufferers truly understand depression and hence fearing it they tend to trivialize and minimize it as a form of self protection. Sufferers are never alone, it is just that the average Joe doesn't understand the condition and neither does he know how to help.

I am in agreement with you.

The suffering ones try and hide it because of the stigma, and also because they don't know how to get help. One of the reasons is with depression in majority of the cases it comes with it twisted bastered of a brother called Anxiety.

Long story short. I was diagnosed with major clinical depression, anxiety, OCD. But before I finally got a diagnosis and help (my ocd is checking) I would get home from and be so wound up with anxiety. What happened was the anxiety would intensified the ocd so when I would drive anywhere. I'd start to have panic attacks and thinking that I missed something and hit someone, so to satisfy the ocd I would go back and do the drive over. So when I got home I'd be so anxious and paniced that I would be crying and puking, and my wife would be so upset she couldn't get me calmed down because it was all in my head. She'd call my parents to come and try and help.

With non suffers and non medical professionals they don't understand how to help. It's not like a broken arm where you splint it. With mental illness there's no set path to help, it's trial and error with meds.

The best way to help is one, be an observer to be able to bring the counselor and doctors as much information as possible. Two, just be there for them be a pillar they can lean on till they can start to help them selves.

Depression really has no cure yet it's like cancer, it goes into remission.
You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold dead hands! Mad
[-] The following 2 users Like Rural Geek's post:
  • Moodyk, TRUENORTH
I am psyched about Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I'm not too surprised it is taking the direction that it is, because if you were paying attention, you see it coming a little bit during Assassins Creed 3 where you are initially playing as a templar, though you don't realize it.
[-] The following 2 users Like MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • Rural Geek, undbiter65
(17-08-2014, 06:58 AM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: I am psyched about Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I'm not too surprised it is taking the direction that it is, because if you were paying attention, you see it coming a little bit during Assassins Creed 3 where you are initially playing as a templar, though you don't realize it.

I am glad to find a fellow assassin's creed fan! I have played every single one lol.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
I am frustrated b/c I reloaded 700 and wifi issues still there :'(

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.700

I am happy dancing b/c my fav movie ever is on!!!! Pretty Woman!!!!

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.700
I am going to watch TMNT on undbiter65 recommendation. If I don't like it he's gonna buy me a BlackBerry passport.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • Moodyk