Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mind if I jump in here?
(11-08-2014, 10:04 AM)BB4edge Wrote: "True innovation and game changer", yes. But never buy the first model year of a new car. In this instance, touch sensitive keyboard. :p

That is very conservative advice. I would never have been able to benefit from my 9800, my 9810, or my Z10for a whole year after release. There really is nothing to worry about in getting the Passport on its release date. It is not like BlackBerry is introducing a keyboard for the first time. They.have years of experience. All the devices I have purchased from BlackBerry have had no real issues. The keyboards were great! Worked like a charm whether physical or virtual.

Don't buy the first.model year? You follow that and you will really be late to the party and miss all the innovative fun that is BlackBerry.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • BlackJack, MissoulaMarinerFan
(11-08-2014, 10:04 AM)BB4edge Wrote: "True innovation and game changer", yes. But never buy the first model year of a new car. In this instance, touch sensitive keyboard. :p

I prefer to have the first in this case. My BlackBerrys have to survive in a tough environment and if their is a problem then I can be part of fixing it. My only concern about getting the first one is having a case like the Seidio to help protect it from the crap kicking it's going to get.

I've worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for over 15 years. I feel the same about new cars. Again brand loyal, like to try and help make improvements if I find a problem. They don't always listen, but I still can help a buyer make an informative decision if asked my opinion. I do this with any product actually.
You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold dead hands! Mad
[-] The following 3 users Like Rural Geek's post:
  • BlackJack, Brad, MissoulaMarinerFan
I got the first PlayBook and still don't regret it - the hardware is solid and where the software has issues - BlackBerry gives free upgrades!
No hesitation at all getting a first BlackBerry, because the hardware has always been solid from the start.

I only liked one of those posts Rural Geek - I had to read very carefully to decide which one!
[-] The following 3 users Like BlackJack's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan, newcollector, Rural Geek
BlackBerry touch devices are amazing! Have used sooo many devices. BlackBerry killed it with this keyboard. Get annoyed FAST with other vkbs.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Ok...well before this turns into the longest introduction thread ever, let me say they should make emoticons bigger because I did include a :p in my last post, meaning I wasn't entirely serious. I am, afterall, very fluent in sarcasm. If I truly believed one should wait a year before trying something, I'd be sad because I wouldn't be running any leaked OS. But that's a thread for another day. Let me just say I'm glad to be here and I feel as if this thread is almost in the wrong forum now. See, I said I'd jump right in....
UTB's one and only 'Posting Ninja'
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4edge's post:
  • newcollector, undbiter65
I'm with you on the emoticons. By the way, how's the battery life on your leak? :d
(12-08-2014, 10:41 AM)newcollector Wrote: I'm with you on the emoticons. By the way, how's the battery life on your leak? :d

Pretty good. I'm on 10.2.2 at the moment. Fell back from 10.3
(12-08-2014, 09:25 AM)BB4edge Wrote: Ok...well before this turns into the longest introduction thread ever, let me say they should make emoticons bigger because I did include a :p in my last post, meaning I wasn't entirely serious. I am, afterall, very fluent in sarcasm. If I truly believed one should wait a year before trying something, I'd be sad because I wouldn't be running any leaked OS. But that's a thread for another day. Let me just say I'm glad to be here and I feel as if this thread is almost in the wrong forum now. See, I said I'd jump right in....
Damn. Missed that! Lol.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
(12-08-2014, 11:34 PM)undbiter65 Wrote: Damn. Missed that! Lol.

Me too! And I was being facetious about the battery life. There is always some jokester who asks that battery life question as soon as a new leak drops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • BB4edge
(13-08-2014, 01:14 AM)newcollector Wrote: Me too! And I was being facetious about the battery life. There is always some jokester who asks that battery life question as soon as a new leak drops.

Yes! But what I didn't ask was if it would work on my STL100-1.
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4edge's post:
  • newcollector, undbiter65