UTB Forums
PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on (/showthread.php?tid=3963)

Pages: 1 2 3

PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - razrrob - 28-02-2017

One of the many things that BlackBerry is known for is their first-in-class physical keyboard (PKB). Some of us actually use a smartphone for more than selfies, gaming, or photos of meals, you know - things like, documents, email, even texting. In those instances nothing excels at cranking out the words, especially when you combine predictive text and flicking. When you tie in the shortcuts, typing on any other smartphone is like trying to do word processing on an IBM Selectric.

So let's just cut to the chase. In a similar vein to BB10 vs BlackDroid, there are those that prefer PKBs to virtual keyboards (VKBs). I won't hide my preference, although I've used both extensively, I'm a huge fan of the PKB. I know each form has their plusses, It's just my preference.

That being said let's try and get some real audience participation. We'll start with a 'Survey' and finish up with sounding off in the Forum - so let your voice be heard!

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - james pisano - 28-02-2017

Definitely the PKB! The shortcuts, more exact feel of the keys, and ability to use predictions, combine for an amazing user experience. I only like the VKB for short sentences and while typing one handed. However, as a Priv user, I can do whatever the heck I want! BlackDroid for the win!

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - newcollector - 28-02-2017

I definitely prefer the pkb except when it comes to a lot of numbers. In that case the vkb is easier. I use the pkb despite not having the keyboard shortcuts available since I do not use the BlackBerry Launcher.

Accuracy is the key about the pkb, though the virtual is really sweet.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - DickLewis13 - 28-02-2017

We have our choice, noticed it in other threads. I stick mostly to vkb.

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - Wayno - 28-02-2017

Pkb. I tend to use VKB more on Priv though, keep forgetting to slide up for the PKB. Lol

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - DickLewis13 - 28-02-2017

If I can afford the KEYone, I'll get used to using PKB again.

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - james pisano - 01-03-2017

(28-02-2017, 10:17 PM)newcollector Wrote: I definitely prefer the pkb except when it comes to a lot of numbers. In that case the vkb is easier. I use the pkb despite not having the keyboard shortcuts available since I do not use the BlackBerry Launcher.

Accuracy is the key about the pkb, though the virtual is really sweet.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
I must admit, when you're entering a long alpha numeric password, the VKB is nicer.

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - Nnik - 01-03-2017

The PKB is awesome, touchscreen on Dtek50 is a bit sensitive

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - Chaplain_Clancy - 02-03-2017

PKB all the way. Closest I've had to a full touch device was the Priv and that spends more time in the PKB open position than not.

RE: PKB vs VKB the battle rages on - Wayno - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 01:32 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: PKB all the way. Closest I've had to a full touch device was the Priv and that spends more time in the PKB open position than not.

Great to see this spritely young lad in the forums!!