UTB Forums
Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Smartphones (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS (/showthread.php?tid=3652)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - DickLewis13 - 30-07-2016

Started this thread after reading a great post about how we should think about comparing BB10 and BlackDroid OS.

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - DickLewis13 - 30-07-2016

I couldn't find a way to copy this great post by Newcollector, so below is the full post.

"Too much time and energy is spent debating the OS rather than promoting a company that has the innovative spirit and customer concern to be able to offer two different OSes that have one thing in common: security.

Blackberry produces great phones that allow us to keep our lives mobile without the dread of compromise. No other OS and phone producer can make that claim.

I loved BB10. The only reason I switched to the Priv was due to some programs I needed for work and leisure that would not run properly on my Passport.

So here I am typing on my Priv, still hoping BlackBerry completes it's turnaround, still supporting them by buying their devices. And let me tell you, I never thought I would own an android. Well, I really don't. I own a BlackDroid!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk"

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - Spirit - 30-07-2016

A lot of us don't see it like that but that doesn't mean we're against those that have gone the way of the so called BlackDroid!!

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - DickLewis13 - 30-07-2016

Agree, but we have a choice between BlackDroid and BB10. We still should be supporting BlackBerry in any way we can.

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - newcollector - 31-07-2016

That is why I have a Z10, a Passport and a Priv.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - Nnik - 31-07-2016

I'm selfish.... I use what works for me. That just happens to be BlackBerry..... I'd be moron to use something that didn't work for me

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - Schmurf. - 31-07-2016

I have to say that I am intrigued by the DTEK50. I liked the idea of the Priv; my wife ended up getting it because she wanted the "fun" apps and I wanted her to have security (yes, we did try the Nexus, but was horrible). For me, it's my work lifeline, so I stick with BB10 as that is the smoothest, most integrated OS I know of for my worklife. We have different needs, and therefore different devices, but they're both BlackBerry's. I like the root of security they have with the Priv and DTEK50 where the chip is certified and the device goes through pretty much the same boot routine that the BB10 and BBOS devices go through.

I still like the idea of a hybrid or blended OS where it's BB10 (or BB11?) But it runs Android smoothly and Google Play is available. Or perhaps there is an Android side to BlackBerry World, maybe both. Who knows? :)

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - Brad - 01-08-2016

I've been carrying both the Passport and the Priv since I got the Priv. Right now, the Priv is my primary, and that happened only after I forced myself to give the Priv an honest shake instead of just being angry that it runs android.

In all honesty, the way I use my phone, the Priv just works better. And the thing is, I'm not an app guy. It's not apps that is pulling me to it. I have the exact same apps that I use daily on both phones. They just work faster on the Priv.

The important thing for me is that the Priv (and DTEK50) is a BlackBerry experience. Even if it's running Android, I'm still able to use it as a BlackBerry. I haven't been able to do that with any other Android device.

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - SimpleBerryRoy - 01-08-2016

All others android devices are suck

RE: Thoughts About BlackBerry OS - DickLewis13 - 01-08-2016

Somewhat agree, but tested a Droid Turbo 2 running Marshmallow, didn't seem to lag like earlier versions of Android. Like my old Nexus 7, each upgrade made it slower.

(01-08-2016, 04:49 AM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: All others android devices are suck