UTB Forums
Moderation Regulation - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Talk (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderation Regulation (/showthread.php?tid=3644)

Pages: 1 2 3

Moderation Regulation - m3mb3rsh1p - 27-07-2016

I'd just like to say that I think it's nice to have a system that keeps an active community in check when things get exciting.

I'm happy for be corrected, edited, even censored if I make a mistake. Anonymous, summary, unexplained erasure, on the other hand, is not an acceptable way to handle discourse.

It would be informative to post a comment explaining that there have been some unacceptable trends in a thread or that you'd prefer not to hear about a particular angle or slant to a topic.

When you delete, delete, delete without explanation, it contradicts the welcoming atmosphere that was supposed to be different from "the other sites." Even an automated PM would be fine.

I don't feel unfairly targeted and I'd rather have a comment I made removed than cause undue offence. It just feels odd to see a forum marked as active 24 minutes ago and then discover the last comment is from 9 hours ago, meaning I'm probably not the only one who got sent to the naughty corner... and left to guess what I did wrong because the mods aren't talking. :(

Please moderate like we're all just trying to get along, enjoying our BlackBerry devices in each our own way. Maybe you could post a policy on how you'll be handling disreputable behaviour?

https://blog.disqus.com/when-does-moderation-become-censorship

RE: Moderation Regulation - HYMAN - 27-07-2016

(27-07-2016, 03:53 PM)m3mb3rsh1p Wrote: I'd just like to say that I think it's nice to have a system that keeps an active community in check when things get exciting.

I'm happy for be corrected, edited, even censored if I make a mistake. Anonymous, summary, unexplained erasure, on the other hand, is not an acceptable way to handle discourse.

It would be informative to post a comment explaining that there have been some unacceptable trends in a thread or that you'd prefer not to hear about a particular angle or slant to a topic.

When you delete, delete, delete without explanation, it contradicts the welcoming atmosphere that was supposed to be different from "the other sites." Even an automated PM would be fine.

I don't feel unfairly targeted and I'd rather have a comment I made removed than cause undue offence. It just feels odd to see a forum marked as active 24 minutes ago and then discover the last comment is from 9 hours ago, meaning I'm probably not the only one who got sent to the naughty corner... and left to guess what I did wrong because the mods aren't talking. :(

Please moderate like we're all just trying to get along, enjoying our BlackBerry devices in each our own way. Maybe you could post a policy on how you'll be handling disreputable behaviour?

Yes, I agree with this.

RE: Moderation Regulation - DickLewis13 - 27-07-2016

Would appreciate a PM, no idea what is missing.
I've haven't known any Staff to delete for no reason.

RE: Moderation Regulation - Brad - 28-07-2016

(27-07-2016, 03:53 PM)m3mb3rsh1p Wrote: I'd just like to say that I think it's nice to have a system that keeps an active community in check when things get exciting.

What was deleted? DL always consults with Robert and I before anything is deleted. Except Spam of course. Wondering what and who?

It's been some time since we've needed to delete something. And when we have, we've made it a point to provide explanation. Publicly more often than not.

O_o

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

RE: Moderation Regulation - m3mb3rsh1p - 28-07-2016

Oh man! I think I might plant my face into a pie. Hopefully the content of this thread was general enough to be useful going forward.

I think there was a technical issue with my browser or something because when I tried reading the thread in "General Discussion > Thoughts on DTEK50", I was being sent to the first page only. I thought I was clicking the "last post" button so I just assumed it had been snippity-snipped. It seems to be working now and I can view all the posts.

Sorry and thanks for confirming that UTB is the #1 site for BlackBerry fans (and sensitive forum lurkers who might be concerned about negative responses).

RE: Moderation Regulation - Brad - 28-07-2016

Whew! I was scared! I've accidently deleted channel posts before. Was afraid I somehow did it here too. Lol

RE: Moderation Regulation - DickLewis13 - 28-07-2016

Sweet, because I checked Moderator Logs and couldn't find anything.
Glad you got it worked out.  Cool

(28-07-2016, 03:00 AM)m3mb3rsh1p Wrote: Oh man! I think I might plant my face into a pie. Hopefully the content of this thread was general enough to be useful going forward.

I think there was a technical issue with my browser or something because when I tried reading the thread in "General Discussion > Thoughts on DTEK50", I was being sent to the first page only. I thought I was clicking the "last post" button so I just assumed it had been snippity-snipped. It seems to be working now and I can view all the posts.

Sorry and thanks for confirming that UTB is the #1 site for BlackBerry fans (and sensitive forum lurkers who might be concerned about negative responses).

RE: Moderation Regulation - Schmurf. - 28-07-2016

Well, it looks that was cleared up! It also reinforces my opinion that this is the best site period. It also happens to ne a BlackBerry site. :D

RE: Moderation Regulation - newcollector - 28-07-2016

^what Schmurf said!

RE: Moderation Regulation - DickLewis13 - 30-07-2016

Hmm, looks like thread has run its course. Booyah!