UTB Forums
Classic is Kick ***** - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Smartphones (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: BB10 Devices (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Classic is Kick ***** (/showthread.php?tid=3448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Classic is Kick ***** - james pisano - 15-04-2016

Had my Classic for over a year now and am still totally loving it. ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.2789. Love the size, keyboard and toolbelt. Use the wireless charging all the time. Use USBOTG to backup and transfer files. I know the specs aren't great, but I don't notice any lack in the overall user experience. Frankly, for me, it's the best BlackBerry ever made. I'm using my Z30 as a media device. I stripped it of all my userdata and loaded games on it and social apps, email and news. It's great for that. I also stream music from it.

Classic is an outstanding daily driver!

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - BB4tw - 15-04-2016

Yes! Yes it is!!

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - veeru789 - 15-04-2016

its definitely a decent phone. but passport trumps for me coz of the screen size and performance. its faster and lasts longer. for my use case, the classic is too small. especially to see all the attachments and browsing.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - Trev - 15-04-2016

No arguments there. Used my Z30 for vacation (slightly longer battery, bigger screen since I didn't bring a computer/tablet and also sometimes used as a GPS) so after about 14 days I just switched back to my Classic. I'm sure if I spent more time with the Z30, I'd get used to the VKB again, but I can type with 90% accuracy without looking at the screen on my Classic which I don't think is something I could quite do with the Z30.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - james pisano - 15-04-2016

Trev. That is exactly a big part of the Classic value proposition; the typing experience is unmatched. It's also excellent for one handed use.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - BB4tw - 15-04-2016

And it's comfortable to cary in the front pocket. The only category that the Z30 failed in for me.

My opinion: The Classic and Z10 is the perfect size for my every day cary needs. Everything else is too big or too small.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - veeru789 - 15-04-2016

I'm quite comfortable carrying my passport and Z30 in front pockets. Although I usually tuck them in my trouser pockets coz keeping a phone next to your heart could be bad. At least that's what they say.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - BB4tw - 16-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 10:08 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I'm quite comfortable carrying my passport and Z30 in front pockets. Although I usually tuck them in my trouser pockets coz keeping a phone next to your heart could be bad. At least that's what they say.

Front jeans pockets is the pocket I use and was talking about in my post.

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - james pisano - 16-04-2016

(15-04-2016, 09:39 PM)BB4tw Wrote: And it's comfortable to cary in the front pocket. The only category that the Z30 failed in for me.

My opinion: The Classic and Z10 is the perfect size for my every day cary needs. Everything else is too big or too small.

Agreed! The Classic is really easy in and out of your pockets, especially when you carry it naked!

I've just decided the typing experience is best naked too. Although some cases have the edges cut down along the keyboard, I think it's easier to type without a case...

RE: Classic is Kick ***** - BB4tw - 16-04-2016

^^ James speaks the truth