UTB Forums
Leap Running Android - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Smartphones (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Rumored Devices (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Leap Running Android (/showthread.php?tid=3433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Leap Running Android - bartron - 05-04-2016

I can see BlackBerry releasing an Android version of the Leap or something similar. It will be mostly as a fleet phone for enterprises, since it will be more secure than all other Android phones out there, and consumers generally don't care about security but enterprises do.

Another reason why I think they'll release an Android Leap is that after the ER, Chen admitted that pricing was an issue this quarter and that the premium end of the market is soft. That's also why I'm expecting BlackBerry to cut the prices of the Priv and the Passport soon. In fact, the current sale price of the Passport might just become the permanent price, like what they  did with the Leap last year.

Do you think will/should release an Android version of the Leap or something similar ?

RE: Leap Running Android - mscloutier - 05-04-2016

I agree, I believe mid range smartphones are the key to penetrating the enterprise market as well as the consumer market.

RE: Leap Running Android - DickLewis13 - 05-04-2016

Agree with most comments, but just not interested in an Android phone, even from BlackBerry.

RE: Leap Running Android - HYMAN - 05-04-2016

Honestly, BlackBerry should lower down the prices of the remaining BB10 devices on ShopBlackBerry.com..

If they'll lower it down, other re-sellers online would follow suit. I mean, it's tempting to buy more BB10 devices now with attractive prices.

The Android high end smartphone market is so saturated with so many other Android OEMs competing with each other, even releasing a 6 month cycle (blame Sony!), wherein the updates are very incremental.. and blame Sammy as well for doing the "fire hose method" and the rest of Chinese OEMs, which flooded the market with cheap, quantified (not quality) phones.

RE: Leap Running Android - veeru789 - 05-04-2016

unlike Priv, the only problem with Android leap is its competing with too many slabs in the market. no true differentiation. and price is the key in this segment. I dont think even enterprises care for security anymore. coz their CEO wants to play Candy crush on his filight.

RE: Leap Running Android - HYMAN - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 11:39 AM)veeru789 Wrote: unlike Priv, the only problem with Android leap is its competing with too many slabs in the market. no true differentiation. and price is the key in this segment. I dont think even enterprises care for security anymore. coz their CEO wants to play Candy crush on his filight.

These CEOs are getting paid to Crush Candies apparently. And loves to have their selfies with the iCandy phone and post it on their social media apps.

Typical brainwashed people, part of the 99%.. LOL

RE: Leap Running Android - Schmurf. - 06-04-2016

A Leap running Android? That'll make DL lose his mind! No CDMA version, but Android - yes! LOL

RE: Leap Running Android - HYMAN - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 03:29 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: A Leap running Android? That'll make DL lose his mind! No CDMA version, but Android - yes! LOL

LOL.. A CDMA Android version.. Lmfao!

RE: Leap Running Android - veeru789 - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 03:29 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: A Leap running Android? That'll make DL lose his mind! No CDMA version, but Android - yes! LOL

LOL... i think the question is whether it should be android not gsm or cdma ;)

RE: Leap Running Android - DickLewis13 - 06-04-2016

You are likely correct, but like every thread doesn't go a bit off direction after only a few posts.
Still have no use for Android, on Leap or any other BlackBerry.

(06-04-2016, 06:19 PM)veeru789 Wrote: LOL... i think the question is whether it should be android not gsm or cdma ;)