UTB Forums
I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Smartphones (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: BB10 Devices (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport (/showthread.php?tid=3256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - mscloutier - 16-02-2016

(14-02-2016, 06:20 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Having used the Passport for about three weeks now, I think the idea of a wide phone, with a well spaced physical keyboard, which is touch enabled, makes so much sense. The square screen is okay, but it would have been better if it were rectangular, for viewing in landscape mode. Of course, a Passport slider would be the ultimate compromise between an all touch Passport and one with a rectangular screen. That's the next BB10 phone that I'm looking forward to... in my dreams. Far fetched? What do others think?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I've become addicted to the SE Passport keyboard, not only is it the perfect size, the feel of it is truly fantastic.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - Observation Junkie - 16-02-2016

Over the years I have loved all the models of BlackBerry phones that I have owned. The Passport is the only one where I would buy the same model again. It's simply awesome for reading, writing and Web surfing.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - veeru789 - 16-02-2016

(16-02-2016, 01:12 AM)mscloutier Wrote: I've become addicted to the SE Passport keyboard, not only is it the perfect size, the feel of it is truly fantastic.

i feel the SE has a smoother press to the keys compared to the Original.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - Canuckvoip - 16-02-2016

(15-02-2016, 02:55 PM)SimpleBerryRoy Wrote: I got the passport from the beginning and it's keep running like it's new. Definitely masterpiece device by BlackBerry

Agreed, and the SE just kills it for classy powerhouse.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - SipoKapumba - 16-02-2016

I'm continuing to explore and discover more about the Passport. So far, the wide keyboard, with well spaced keys is a winner. The fact that it is touch enabled is an added bonus. Nobody else has this technology. Like I have said before, a slider Passport would be a killer device. In my view, that is the only viable upgrade path for the Passport.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - HYMAN - 16-02-2016

(16-02-2016, 02:14 PM)veeru789 Wrote: i feel the SE has a smoother press to the keys compared to the Original.

SE.. simply excellent. :-)

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - Ninja - 20-02-2016

I don't consider the Passport to be a smartphone at all. I'd consider the Classic, Leap, Priv, etc to be smartphones but not the Passport. It's much more than that, maybe a tablet or a small laptop. The power of the Passport is just incomparable.

The Passport (original) was my first BlackBerry and ever since I got it about 9 months ago, there's almost no way I'll ever use a phone other than a BlackBerry.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - SipoKapumba - 20-02-2016

(20-02-2016, 10:31 AM)Ninja Wrote: I don't consider the Passport to be a smartphone at all. I'd consider the Classic, Leap, Priv, etc to be smartphones but not the Passport. It's much more than that, maybe a tablet or a small laptop. The power of the Passport is just incomparable.

The Passport (original) was my first BlackBerry and ever since I got it about 9 months ago, there's almost no way I'll ever use a phone other than a BlackBerry.
Remember the PDAs of old? Apple Newton? Palm devices? The Passport borrows from that heritage. BlackBerry dusted up an old idea, which could not be well executed two decades ago or so, because the technology had not advanced enough.

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - newcollector - 21-02-2016

(20-02-2016, 08:41 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Remember the PDAs of old? Apple Newton? Palm devices? The Passport borrows from that heritage. BlackBerry dusted up an old idea, which could not be well executed two decades ago or so, because the technology had not advanced enough.

Sipo, that is an interesting observation that I hadn't even considered: a reinventing of the old PDA's. I thought this one was a beast. But my Passport dwarfs it. [attachment=993]

RE: I'm (already) so hooked on the Passport - Brad - 21-02-2016

Damn. Wish I was home, I'd go grab my old Palm Pilot. Lol