UTB Forums
UTB - The Originators - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Talk (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: UTB - The Originators (/showthread.php?tid=2916)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

UTB - The Originators - Schmurf. - 23-11-2015

After mucking around here for a bit, I'm slowly getting a handle on who's who, but I'd like to know who were the founders of UTB, and maybe a bit of their story.

BTW, thanks for creating this place, it's pretty freaking awesome.

RE: UTB - The Originators - Brad - 23-11-2015

Ah! You're inviting us to talk about ourselves! This can get long. Lol!!

We started out as the original #iChooseBB10 group... Of course not all that group is here. I used to run a BBM Channel called Under The Bridge. Where I commented on forum trolls from another site. Biggly had a popular channel, obviously Jesse did too. I thought it would be an idea for us all to combine our channels in to site. But then issues occurred at other sites we went to, and we became a BlackBerry site instead. Since I started the site, I kept UTB from my channel thinking my followers would follow. I was wrong. Lol

Officially, Im the site owner. The site founders, those that were first here is Dave, Biggly, Ray, Jesus, Nik, and of course, Robert, who has turned what started out as an ugly site made by someone who didn't know what he was doing, in to what we have now which I'm amazed at daily.

But honestly, there's a ton of us, and as some bow out due to outside lives, others step in. There's also a second site, utbgeek.com.

And most importantly, none of this would have happened without BBM as we're spread all over the world.

I'll shut up and let others step in and identify themselves and their roles. Hopefully they all do. :)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

RE: UTB - The Originators - Schmurf. - 23-11-2015

Very cool Brad. I discovered UTB via BBMC and follow it there primarily, but do the Forums thing through my browser (on my Passport of course!). I alos follow UTB Geek as well. And while you have recently changed what UTB means (United Through BlackBerry), I still prefer the original United Temple of BlackBerry. And you can call me Brother Schmurf. ;)

RE: UTB - The Originators - veeru789 - 23-11-2015

I don't think UTB was ever called united temple of BB. only Rev Grim used to say that. I think it was always under the bridge. I could be wrong

RE: UTB - The Originators - DickLewis13 - 23-11-2015

United Through BlackBerry covers it better than anything.

RE: UTB - The Originators - Schmurf. - 24-11-2015

DL I agree that United Through BlackBerry covers it well, but I think that if it's that, United Temple of BlackBerry, or under the bridge, it's a great site regardless of the name. I just thought the temple one sounded cool :)

RE: UTB - The Originators - DickLewis13 - 24-11-2015

You missed a thread quite some time back that turned into pure BS while coming up with what UTB stood for officially.
With United Through BlackBerry, just going by what I've read over the years.
And yes, Temple line was just Rev Grim being his normal self.  Tounge

RE: UTB - The Originators - DickLewis13 - 24-11-2015

You missed a thread quite some time back that turned into pure BS while coming up with what UTB stood for officially.
With United Through BlackBerry, just going by what I've read over the years.
And yes, Temple line was just Rev Grim being his normal self.  Tounge

RE: UTB - The Originators - Ninja - 25-11-2015

I like United Temple of BlackBerry indeed. It is important that we create a cult to fight the cult of crApple. So we're gonna be the counter-cult cult but we're the good guys. I'm not saying or implying that we should adopt their dirty tricks, I'm just saying that it's hard to fight a cult without a counter-cult. Just look how they glorify their Steve Jobs. So maybe preaching the grimm reaper style is effective

RE: UTB - The Originators - bambinoitaliano - 25-11-2015

(25-11-2015, 12:21 AM)Ninja Wrote: I like United Temple of BlackBerry indeed. It is important that we create a cult to fight the cult of crApple. So we're gonna be the counter-cult cult but we're the good guys. I'm not saying or implying that we should adopt their dirty tricks, I'm just saying that it's hard to fight a cult without a counter-cult. Just look how they glorify their Steve Jobs. So maybe preaching the grimm reaper style is effective

You mean shave our heads except pony tails, wearing pink robes, playing tambourine and chanting at your local airports? Big_smile2