UTB Forums
How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Help (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: How To... Tips and Tricks (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry (/showthread.php?tid=2268)

Pages: 1 2 3

How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - Bigglybobblyboo - 09-08-2015

Well, apart from the Z10 which doesn't have it.

Tucked away in your Music app under the 3 horizontal lines overflow is an FM radio!

Just connect the headphones and you are away. Simple!

Free music and no data used.

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - DickLewis13 - 09-08-2015

Nice, but never listen to music on my phone.

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - BB4tw - 09-08-2015

You can also play through the phone speaker if you want to share the tunes.

I took an old pair of ear buds and cut thim off at about 8 inches long to serve as the antenna then play the radio through the phone speaker. It's how I follow severe weather when it hits.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - Bigglybobblyboo - 10-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 11:28 PM)BB4tw Wrote: You can also play through the phone speaker if you want to share the tunes.

I took an old pair of ear buds and cut thim off at about 8 inches long to serve as the antenna then play the radio through the phone speaker. It's how I follow severe weather when it hits.

I always wondered if that worked, thanks BB4tw!

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - pippimarried - 10-08-2015

I've been using the radio since I first got my Q and I didn't destroy earbuds. I just switch the output. It's nice to have it always available.

Sent from my Passport

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - BlackJack - 10-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 11:28 PM)BB4tw Wrote: You can also play through the phone speaker if you want to share the tunes.

Does it?
Last time I tried that, plugging in the antenna cut out the speaker just like a headphone would, is there a way around that?

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - james pisano - 10-08-2015

You can use the speaker with the headphones plugged in as an antenna... Just hit the three dots overflow menu and you'll have the option; it says headphones or speaker.

You cannot use Bluetooth with the FM radio, at least you can't with the Q10, Z30, or Classic.

You can however use line out and play the radio over external speakers via an amp. Just get standard stereo cables (2.5mm jack) and that takes the place of the headphones as an antenna.

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - bambinoitaliano - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 02:12 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Does it?
Last time I tried that, plugging in the antenna cut out the speaker just like a headphone would, is there a way around that?

Yup. That's how i listen to my radio sometimes. Any old pair of ear phones  will do. All you need is about 3 to 4 inches of the wiring. Any of the dollar store that sells for a buck would work as well. To me it works better than the app base radio station. No interruption like the old transistor radio of yesteryear.

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - Bigglybobblyboo - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 02:12 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Does it?

See? I didn't know that you could press the overflow either!

RE: How To Listen To FM Radio On Your BlackBerry - BlackJack - 10-08-2015

What I really want to do is play the FM radio through a bluetooth speaker. Anyone know how to do that?