UTB Forums
Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story (/showthread.php?tid=2251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - BlackJack - 07-08-2015

I had an insomnia moment and thought of this thread idea.

Why and when did you figure out that BlackBerry was the platform for you? When were you enlightened? Did a BlackBerry disciple show you the way?
What was your phone before BlackBerry? Why did you switch?
I'll tell my story after I get some sleep.

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - The_Alpha_Geek - 07-08-2015

I found out that BlackBerry was the Platform for me when I had gotten the Bold 9900. I had other BlackBerry handsets before it, but the Bold made me realize that I would never leave the BlackBerry Platform. I had other handsets that ran different OS's: Samsung Galaxy S series and Note series handsets, HTC handsets (both Android and Windows Phone), Motorola (Windows Mobile), Nokia handsets (Symbian and Windows Phone), LG (Android), and iPhones. But I also had a BlackBerry (for the most part), by my side along with those handsets. I have always been a pkb fan, and no handset provided as good a pkb experience as BlackBerry. My last BBOS BlackBerry before BB10 was released was the Curve 9350. I used to give that little pkb a workout! When BB10 was released, I rushed to get a Z10. It was like a whole new world opened up before me, and I knew that no other handset could replace a BlackBerry 10 one as my daily driver. Being a pkb fan at heart, I retired my Z10 when I got the Q10. I had missed that pkb! But the experience was even better than before. I moved on to a Z30 due to screen size, but kept my Q10 as a secondary phone. Couldn't live without the pkb! All the while using those BB10 handsets, I dabbled here and there with other OS's, but nothing could replace the awesome experience I was having with BB10. When the Passport was finally released, I knew I had to have the ultimate BlackBerry, and I went out and got it. And here it's been ever since, my trusty primary device that just gets better and better with each OS update. I haven't had the need for a secondary handset since getting it, even though I do now also own a BlackBerry Classic, mainly for nostalgic purposes.

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - newcollector - 07-08-2015

My BlackBerry journey started when I realized that a touchscreen was what my Jack needed. I also wanted a larger screen but still wanted a PKB. When I saw ads for the Torch 9800, I thought it might fit my needs. I started reading up on the device reviews when it came out. I went to my local AT&T store to get a hands on. I was hooked.

I loved the weight of the phone. The keyboard put my Jack to shame. I loved the ease of communication, and really enjoyed learning the ins and outs of my Torch.

When the 9810 came out, I jumped all over it. Then came the Z10 and the new OS and I thought I had died and gone to heaven though it did take me quite a while to get used to the lack of phone weight and the VKB.

Now I am on the best BlackBerry I have ever owned, the Passport. I have tried the big two, but find them to be less intuitive than my BlackBerry. They feel cumberson and so much in and out that it is frustrating. I love how my BlackBerry makes me more productive.

As long as BlackBerry continues making phones, I will continue buying them. The OS is the best for me. It fits how I think and how I want to use my device.

sent from my amazing Passport

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - DickLewis13 - 08-08-2015

Not counting the old days, Z10, Q10, Z10, Z30, now my Classic. Quite happy.

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - johnadeleon - 08-08-2015

I've been with BlackBerry since day one. Working in radio, it was THE industry standard. You sent an email to a record rep and they responded from a @__.blackberry.net email, you knew it meant business. Now, have I had a 2nd phone, yes, back in the day it was a Palm Treo. Now I have a useless LG Android. I prefer BlackBerry that is also why #ichooseUTB

Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - ivantwilliams - 08-08-2015

Prior to 2007, I had a Nokia 6682. That same year I started working for a new company and had to support BlackBerry.

I stated to management I couldn't support the use of BlackBerry, without owning one. They gave me a 8700, on T-Mobile.

That was it, I was hooked..

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - Canuckvoip - 08-08-2015

I started with BB as a smartphone because in my industry (VOIP/telecom) the apps were written for it first. A no brainer.

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - Brad - 08-08-2015

I started on a curve.... Can't remember the model number... loved that phone! Had it for over 2 years. Then I bricked it, and my ex who had been on a Pearl had moved on to a little full touch feature phone that I loved, or thought I did, and I switched to that. Omg it sucked. So back to Black I ran, got myself the little Bold, think it was the 8700? And knew I wouldn't leave BlackBerry again. Went through the Torch 9800 and 9810 then BB10. Whew! Z10, Q5, and Passport. Throughout my BlackBerry time I've always had an iPod or Android Tablet, it wasn't until BB10 that I let those fall by the wayside.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - Bigglybobblyboo - 09-08-2015

I wanted one, I wanted one, I wanted one.... but my boss at the time left me on a Nokia while all around got a BlackBerry. Drove me mad. Then a friends sister upgraded and got hers for me. Ok, it was a Curve and in girly colours but I didn't care! That was in 2006, I think...

Now, like my subsequent Bold, Torch, Z10, Q10 and Z30 that Curve sits in a drawer in my desk at home. Can't bear to be parted from them!

Re: RE: Tell us your come to BlackBerry story - Brad - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 02:38 AM)Bigglybobblyboo Wrote: I wanted one, I wanted one, I wanted one.... but my boss at the time left me on a Nokia while all around got a BlackBerry. Drove me mad. Then a friends sister upgraded and got hers for me. Ok, it was a Curve and in girly colours but I didn't care! That was in 2006, I think...

Now, like my subsequent Bold, Torch, Z10, Q10 and Z30 that Curve sits in a drawer in my desk at home. Can't bear to be parted from them!

I've kept all mine too. Lol! They sit in a drawer, all together. Just waiting for me to take notice and go look at them again. Even my old Curve, the oldest of the bunch, ancient tech by today's standards.... Still feels so nice in the hand! BlackBerry has always known how to make phone that feel great. Not like those little flimsy foldy things we get today from other OEMs

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk