UTB Forums
How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Printable Version

+- UTB Forums (https://utbblogs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: BlackBerry Smartphones (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: BB10 Devices (https://utbblogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? (/showthread.php?tid=1081)

How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Iamvarunshah - 14-11-2014

Hello Guys!

I am about to receive my free passport today. I can imagine the reactions of the people who will see me using passport.

Edit: I received it on 14th of November.

It will be interesting to know the reactions you got on your passport.

So go ahead and Share here, how have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport?

I will also share after getting my passport.

Cheers.

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - veeru789 - 14-11-2014

People stare at my phone while going in the tube. and so far in meetings and events, everyone asks
"Oh is that the new BlackBerry, can I check it?"
me : "Of course"
them: "Wow its big, how do you like it?"
Me: "Its the best phone today"

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Iamvarunshah - 16-11-2014

I can detail it in 3 situations till now after 2 days experience:

1. Comedy Situation: At the time of clearance from the post office, the custom officer was firstly shocked to see passport. Even more shocked when I told I won it for free. He was not able to hold the device properly. He was continuously staring at the device.Big_smile2

2. Tense Situation: My brother and I had dispute over who will take it. Ended at point when he said ok take it.Embarrased

3. Proud Situation: When I went to a local BlackBerry outlet to buy some accessories, probably each and every customer were staring at my passport. One asked me the name and asked for let him try. I was like no, but gave it for few seconds. And seriously never before got so much good importance from the shop guys before. Inspite of crowd at the store, I was attended by 2 shop guys.Cool

I think, this is just the starting. Many more interesting situations are waiting for me in the future.Cool

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Robert - 16-11-2014

(16-11-2014, 04:53 AM)Iamvarunshah Wrote: I can detail it in 3 situations till now after 2 days experience:

1. Comedy Situation: At the time of clearance from the post office, the custom officer was firstly shocked to see passport. Even more shocked when I told I won it for free. He was not able to hold the device properly. He was continuously staring at the device.Big_smile2

2. Tense Situation: My brother and I had dispute over who will take it. Ended at point when he said ok take it.Embarrased

3. Proud Situation: When I went to a local BlackBerry outlet to buy some accessories, probably each and every customer were staring at my passport. One asked me the name and asked for let him try. I was like no, but gave it for few seconds. And seriously never before got so much good importance from the shop guys before. Inspite of crowd at the store, I was attended by 2 shop guys.Cool

I think, this is just the starting. Many more interesting situations are waiting for me in the future.Cool

Hi Varun,

I glad to hear you received your Passport. I have been tracking it ever since I shipped it. Your mailing address is rather "unique". I hope you enjoy it's everything you expected it to be.

Robert.

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Robert - 16-11-2014

(14-11-2014, 11:07 AM)Iamvarunshah Wrote: Hello Guys!

I am about to receive my free passport today. I can imagine the reactions of the people who will see me using passport.

It will be interesting to know the reactions you got on your passport.

So go ahead and Share here, how have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport?

I will also share after getting my passport.

Cheers.

Congratulations again for winning the contest. I went ahead and embedded your unboxing video in the post. Wink

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - veeru789 - 16-11-2014

(16-11-2014, 05:51 AM)jrohland Wrote: There is really only one person I wanted to appreciate my Passport. He has an iPhone which I want him to get rid of. He spent about 40 minutes trying everything on my Passport. Looking at the 3 app stores (yes I have Snap installed). He spent more than half the time opening Webpages. Played a bunch of YouTube vids. He went through every option in Settings figuring out what they do.

After all this he handed it back and said "I definitely want one of these. It puts my iPhone to shame." He went on to talk about how Apple takes a technology and finishes it before it goes in a device. Then it never really changes. BlackBerry is constantly improving and innovating. That means you may have some initial bugs in BlackBerry devices but the potential for a great feature or product is there. If you give it time, that potential will be realized and the customer gets a superior product.

So who is this man of intelligence, patience and insight? I'm proud to say he is my 19 year old son.

Indeed he is intelligent and insightful. That's a pretty thoughtful statement. Like father like son I guess.

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Iamvarunshah - 17-11-2014

(16-11-2014, 08:51 AM)Robert Wrote: Hi Varun,

I glad to hear you received your Passport. I have been tracking it ever since I shipped it. Your mailing address is rather "unique". I hope you enjoy it's everything you expected it to be.

Robert.

(16-11-2014, 08:59 AM)Robert Wrote: Congratulations again for winning the contest. I went ahead and embedded your unboxing video in the post. Wink

Yup enjoying every bit of it. Thanks for the wishes and embedding the video.Cool At first I was surprised to see the video in my post, since I didn't attach it. Hehe. Big_smile2

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - Chaplain_Clancy - 17-11-2014

My wife is the only one who has said she wouldn't be interested in it...mostly because it's too wide.

RE: How have people reacted to your new BlackBerry Passport? - veeru789 - 17-11-2014

(17-11-2014, 08:37 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: My wife is the only one who has said she wouldn't be interested in it...mostly because it's too wide.

Get her a Z30 chap and she will love it. That is if your carrier is stocking them. i hope things have improved.