I stumbled across Datally a week ago and quickly bought into the hype contained in the app description on Google Play. This app was going to ‘rock my world’ by performing magic! Included in the description –
Learn about the best ways to gain control of your data usage
● DATA SAVER – Save up to 30% of mobile data* through controlling data usage on an app-by-app. Control and limits data on specific apps while still enjoying the apps you want
● DATA SAVER BUBBLE – Front and center controls allow you to see real-time app data usage, and block an app’s data usage if things get out of control
UNDERSTAND YOUR USAGE
Easily track your data and understand which apps are using the most.
● DATA USAGE METRICS – Learn more about your data usage, including usage history, trends over time, and per-app usage
● PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS – See usage highlights, prompts to rate Wi-Fi networks, and reminders to turn on your data saver
SAVE MORE DATA
You can also get more data by find nearby Wi-Fi to watch more videos, browse more pictures, and download more files.
● WI-FI FINDER – Our Wi-Fi finder helps you discover great Wi-Fi networks nearby with details like distance. Before connecting, you can see how other Datally users have rated the Wi-Fi network, and you can also rate Wi-Fi networks that you’ve connected to
But that’s not all! We’ve got new features coming, including those that are currently available for limited testing in select markets:
● Balance checking and balance expiration reminders
● Proactive data usage warnings and controls
It took me quite a few hours to get the VPN to run – I had a screen filter running in the background which prevented the VPN from running. Finally I figured it out and the app runs as promised – you have the ability to manage and control your data! One final point – don’t forget to turn off your WiFi otherwise you will not see the ‘key’ icon indicating the VPN is up and running
If you’re interested in the Datally why not head over to Google Play and download it here.
PS- for the more skeptical here is a short blurb relating to app permissions-
So proceed with caution!!