So many complaints about how carriers are so slow in releasing updates, especially Verizon Wireless.
Some US carriers are still on 10.3.2.858 for BlackBerry BB10, while some still are on Lollipop 5.1.1 for BlackBerry Priv.
Here are a few pat answers from Verizon pertaining to forum posts and support calls:
* The phone makes calls and texts and that’s all we need to do.
* That information is proprietary.
* “Upgrade” to an iphone.
* We’ll send you a Galaxy S6 Edge and you can keep the Priv.
* We are working on it.
* We can’t give you a date.
* We value you as a customer.
* We are beholden to our shareholders.
* Blackberry doesn’t have any updates.
* Blackberry doesn’t have monthly updates.
* Blackberry never sent patches to us.
* Patches come directly from Blackberry.
* We rejected the patches and sent them back to Blackberry.
* If you wanted patch support you should have bought an iPhone or a Nexus.
This is also interesting that the FCC has started an investigation about all the complaints that they receive about carrier updates.
Partnership with FTC will examine how patches are distributed
You are welcome to join in on the conversation at UTB Forums