Another good quarter for BlackBerry as the company deliver $0.03 earnings per share. Record of $199 million in software revenues from $235 million total revenues.
BlackBerry keeps their momentum with net income of $20 million and free cash of $2.5 billion.
Read the highlights.
- Total company revenue of $235 million (non-GAAP) and $226 million (GAAP)
- Record software and services revenue of $199 million (non-GAAP) and $190 million (GAAP), breaking the record set last quarter
- Record gross margin of 77% (non-GAAP) and 74% (GAAP), breaking the record set last quarter
- Operating income of $16 million (non-GAAP) and operating loss of $258 million (GAAP); positive non-GAAP operating income for the seventh consecutive quarter
- EPS of $0.03 (non-GAAP) and loss of ($0.52) (GAAP)
- Adjusted EBITDA of $35 million; positive for the fifteenth consecutive quarter
- Total cash balance of $2.5 billion at the end of the fiscal third quarter
- Highly competitive customer wins, in regulated industries, including NATO, the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Defense, the Dutch Government, Deutsche Bank and more
- New cybersecurity practice launched to enable GDPR compliance in Europe
- The only vendor, with a single platform offering, recognized by Gartner in all eight categories of their Market Guide for Information-Centric Endpoint and Mobile Protection
- Ranked an EMM leader by Forrester, for the third consecutive year
- BlackBerry QNX design wins with ten automotive suppliers in the quarter. We now partner with the top three automotive tier ones; Bosch, Denso and Magna
- Strategic expansion of Qualcomm relationship, in connected and autonomous vehicle platforms
- Patent licensing agreement signed with Teletry, enabling a market opportunity of the majority of smartphone manufacturers worldwide
- After the quarter closed we announced in partnership with Denso, that we have started development of the world’s first integrated Human Machine Interface Platform (HMI). Intel is collaborating in the development of this product