BlackBerry will report their earnings results on the last day of March. This earnings will be slightly different then the previous reports as this is the first full quarter since BlackBerry announced the agreement with TCL for licensing the brand.
Most of us are interested in the earnings report for one reason the device sales numbers. This one topic will not be in the next report because BlackBerry’s main focus is now software.
One of the numbers that will be important is software sales. Has BlackBerry kept up their growth like in previous reports? Can BlackBerry reach their software income yearly target? Those are questions we hope this earnings report will answer.
This quarter is the Q4 and fiscal year summary, and reaching the software target will be very encouraging for the next fiscal year, the first one of BlackBerry as 100% software company. In this report we as fans will have to focus on the announcements.
So what we are looking for :
- Software revenue :BlackBerry needs $130 Million income to reach $600 Million yearly and 30% up from the last fiscal year. (BlackBerry looks to be on target to reach this goal).
- QNX deals and new partnerships
- Success of the Radar and maybe more information about the next generation of the product
- Cyber Security – news about company activity
- Launch of new smartphone by TCL and Merah Putih
Don’t get too worried if BlackBerry reports some losses this quarter, they just now started to generate money. Before Earnings Report quotes from BlackBerry executives seem to indicate the company has plenty of cash in the bank.