BBM is much more than a chat app.
Last year, BBM rolled out DiscoverTV to South Africa and Nigeria. The service delivers a range of video content to users, right inside BBM. DiscoverTV is just one more additional feature tucked away inside the Discover Tab of BBM, and now that feature has become available to 28 additional markets.
DiscoverTV is available for your enjoyment now in Bahrain, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam. When entering the tab, you will be presented an experience that is very familiar in terms of how the videos are presented. You’ll also notice that there are 15 unique channels for content. The channels and descriptions listed below.
- KidsTV: KidsTV is the ultimate destination for the family when it comes to mobile entertainment and edutainment. Experience all the fun and adventure with engaging cartoons that will have your little ones coming back for more.
- GamesTV: Push play and get the best round-up of the latest video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs and more.
- AnimalTV: Take a scroll on the wild side with AnimalTV! From cute and cuddly cats to 18-foot-long crocs… this channel is dedicated to animals and the people who love them.
- PlanetTV: The home of exclusive videos showcasing our amazing planet. PlanetTV will bring you the amazing world of Earth like you’ve never seen before.
- SportsTV: From football to F1, cricket to cycling, boxing to basketball, extreme sports to e-Sports… SportsTV is a one-stop shop for die-hard sports fans.
- SoccerTV: Score with SoccerTV as we bring you all the breaking news, highlights, interviews, behind the scenes footage, match previews, reviews and team stats for the EPL and major European tournaments. This is your home of soccer!
- WorldCupTV: The ultimate World Cup preview showcasing the 32 competing teams, profiling the players to watch and all the developments and excitement leading into the biggest television event of 2018.
- CricketTV: Receive professional cricket coaching that the world’s best has to offer from the likes of Gary Kirsten, AB de Villiers and friends. Learn to master the pull shot and the cover drive. Master the art of the Yorker or get mentally prepared for the battle that awaits you. Our coaches will guide you to the very top and let you gain an advantage over your opponents.
- ExtremeTV: Every story is an adventure on ExtremeTV! Get your heart racing and experience incredible action videos coupled with mind-blowing landscapes from the world of extreme sports.
- CarTV: Start your engines and fuel your entertainment with CarsTV! Motorheads will be fully engaged with an exciting mix of everything from the most desirable to the most unusual of vehicles.
- CelebTV: CelebTV brings you up-close and personal with your favourite TV and movie stars. Grab your popcorn and be entertained as we bring the red carpet to your mobile phone.
- FoodTV: Food TV is the ultimate destination for foodies. Satisfy your cravings with video recipes, tips & tricks and interviews with your favourite chefs.
- MusicTV: Watch the Latest Music Videos by Your Favorite local and international Artists.
- TravelTV: Explore some of the most interesting locations on the planet, without ever leaving your couch! TravelTV offers viewers the opportunity to share in our hosts’ journey, taking in the local landscape and learning about an area’s unique culture.
- 2nachekiTV: Home of the Top 10 of everything and anything in Africa, 2nachekiTV covers every aspect of African life from dancers, musicians, politicians, singers and more. Our channel offers great insight into the most diverse continent on the planet.
- WatchMojoTV: Watch new and amazing Top 10 lists every day of the week on all the topics you care the most about: Movies, Video Games, Music, Pop Culture, everything!
BBM keeps bringing more and more to it’s users. It’s exciting to see the platform we love so much grow, and I can’t wait to see where else it’s heading.