Great news for BB10 users as an update to BB10 has just started rolling out. The new OS version is 10.2.1.3175. According to the INSIDE BlackBerry Blog, the new features include:
- Support for 64GB and higher exFAT MicroSD so you can store and enjoy more photos, music and files to your BlackBerry 10 device
- Enhancements to Bluetooth, Media, Browser, and more!
- UPDATE: Applications: No more limits on the number of applications that can run in the background
While this may not have the magnitude of the 10.3 changes, these subtle additions are actually quite important. With 128GB cards making their way on to the market, we’ll now be able to drastically expand the device storage; enhancing the already incredible mobile browser is always a welcomed addition, and enhancements to Bluetooth connectivity are important as well, because, aren’t our devices primarily about connectivity?
The global rollout schedule is included, and of course, subject to carrier availability. I can confirm that Rogers pushed out the update first thing this morning; thanks Rogers!
- Europe Middle East and Africa – Starting May 27
- Asia Pacific : Starting May 27
- Canada: Starting May 27
- Latin America: Starting mid-June
- USA: We expect availability starting late-June
Head over to the INSIDE BlackBerry Blog for more details.