Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotiabank app EOL?
I just wanted to let people know that it's not just the BB10 app that appears to be set for discontinuation. On the Google Play site, Scotiabank explicitly states that they will soon end support for the app too. One reviewer of the BB10 app in BlackBerry World even states that the app is not working on their Samsung tablet.

It is a bit sudden and I must say very poor form by Scotiabank to unceremoniously stop supporting their mobile banking app this way. They could have sent their customers an email alert and informed them that the mobile website offers the same features before pulling the plug.

There's also the positive side of "App Neutrality" which our chief, John Chen espoused and web-based apps are a step in this direction.

Long story short, I hope my fellow BB10 die-hards don't do the old "That's it! I'm moving to Sparta!" response to this situation. Open the following link to Scotiabank's mobile banking site and add it to your home screen using the right menu in your browser; it's easier than you think ;)

https://mobilebanking2.scotiabank.com/bankingweb/
I feel for you, but most of the banks and my credit union that I do business with in US never had apps for BB10.
Very annoying.
Amazing BlackBerry Priv STV100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
As great an OS that BB10 is, you have just hit on its Achilles heel. My bank and credit union have nothing that will work on BB10. Plus a lot of other business apps aren't available as well.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
I have never used a banking app. I have just used my financial institutions' website through the browser. I've never had any sort of problem and I'm using my Passport.
When I had BB10, I used credit union website also. But it's convenient for me to use the app on BlackDroid.
TD's mobile website looks, feels and works just like an app -- I suspect their BB10 was nothing more than a frame that loaded their mobile website. It's great proof that web services don't need apps. Obviously, Apple will never support it.
The consumer mindset is that an app is absolutely necessary. Sometimes that is the truth when a website isn't optimized for a mobile experience. But when it is, an app can be superfluous. Just wish more banking websites were mobile friendly.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
This^^^^^^ Agree, many websites look like yuck on a phone. Some are mobile friendly, others really suck.