Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priv Screen Protector
Just installed the Viflykoo Tempered Glass Screen Protector and I'm pleased. It fits perfectly and seems to work fine in terms of touch sensitivity. Installation was easy. Just thought Priv owners should know this seems a solid product. It was $14.50 on Amazon and is listed as "Vikoo" full screen protector.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(13-04-2017, 11:44 AM)james pisano Wrote: Just installed the Viflykoo Tempered Glass Screen Protector and I'm pleased. It fits perfectly and seems to work fine in terms of touch sensitivity. Installation was easy. Just thought Priv owners should know this seems a solid product. It was $14.50 on Amazon and is listed as "Vikoo" full screen protector.
Do you have a case? Does it still work? I have a tempered glass screen protector for my Priv but haven't tried it yet because of the case. Lol.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
(13-04-2017, 11:54 AM)Brad Wrote: Do you have a case? Does it still work? I have a tempered glass screen protector for my Priv but haven't tried it yet because of the case. Lol.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Yes. It works with BlackBerry case (hard shell?) and the Seidio Surface and it goes into the holster with the Seidio.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Update. Bread wanted to know if it worked with the cases on it, and it does, however, I noticed some cracking in the corner, right where I pull to get the BlackBerry Hard Shell and Seidio Surface cases off the Priv. So, be careful when removing cases because they may grab the edge of the screen protector and break some off.
Update. I have taken the screen protector off. It came off very easily in one sheet. I think I will try it once more with another one and this time be more careful when using it with cases that offer screen protection, like the Seidio Surface or BlackBerry Hard Shell.

I believe the BlackBerry case was the culprit, but something caused the screen protector to crack in two places along the top edge. It was small, but then those little cracks spread like a small crack spreads on a car windshield. The protector was totally usable, and the cracks were not all the way through, in fact, you couldn't feel them with your thumb, but I removed the protector anyway, cause I didn't like looking at them.

I'm going to buy one more protector and see if I can make it last much longer without any cracking. $14 is still better than a scratched Priv screen!
I take it you are referring to glass screen protector. Don't use, never liked them.
Especially on a curved screen, too many problems.
Amazing BlackBerry Priv STV100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
The trouble with curved screen protectors is they have an adhesive strip all the way around the edges which tends to hold it up off the screen giving a clicky/less responsve feel when touching it
(Yesterday, 03:58 PM)Wayno Wrote: The trouble with curved screen protectors is they have an adhesive strip all the way around the edges which tends to hold it up off the screen giving a clicky/less responsve feel when touching it

I think I noticed what you're referring to, although, the entire screen protector is adhesive. There was no click as I recall, but there seemed to be a slightly less responsive aspect when trying to say, open an app or something.

I'm going to give it another try and I won't put the BlackBerry Hard Shell on it. I'll see what happens.