Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will BB Dev Support Release After June ?
Last Thursday, Lou Gazzola, a development advisor at BlackBerry, posted this comment in one of BlackBerry's development support forums:

Quote:We remain committed to BlackBerry 10, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched. And while we can’t share details right now, there is more coming to the BlackBerry 10 platform after the June release of 10.3.2 and we will keep you updated.

In addition to BlackBerry 10, we continue to encourage innovation and investment in solutions across all major mobile OS platforms supported by the BES12 platform.

You can read the entire thread here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/N...578/page/5

That got me and a lot of other people thinking. Clearly BlackBerry is developing something(s) for other platforms. But is it just BB10 features, or is it something to support development on other platforms ? And the statement "...there is more coming to the BlackBerry 10 platform.." clearly means they're increasing their support of BB10.

So I figure it most likely means BlackBerry has really improved the running of Android apps in BB10.

It could also mean that BlackBerry is changing their API or that they've implemented the Android API in BB10. Implementing the Android API in BB10 would be a lot of work, so I doubt that will happen.

If he's talking longer term, then it could mean that BlackBerry is porting Swift to BB10. Earlier this week, Apple announced that they were going to make Swift open source, but they didn't give any details.

What do you think BlackBerry is going to do ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • ital1
Interesting. Guess we should hear something soon and maybe this roadmap that so many developers have been complaining about will be revealed.
I'm thinking it will be more info on the roadmap too.
I certainly hope that BlackBerry does something soon, and something could mean many things; a roadmap update, a blog post, a statement regarding the rumours etc. At this point, the silence is really hurting them. If they can't go public due to contractual constraints, I understand, but the longer this drags on then the more that device sales or app development can potentially suffer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ital1's post:
  • bartron
Rumors can be a killer. BlackBerry needs to put the kabosh on them.
Amazing BlackBerry Priv STV100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 3 users Like DickLewis13's post:
  • bartron, ital1, MissoulaMarinerFan
someone needs to send this to findingNemo. kid is upset...lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • bartron
In addition to BlackBerry 10, we continue to encourage innovation and investment in solutions across all major mobile OS platforms supported by the BES12 platform.
Intresting.and useful information